jsweeney's Review of Burger Fixin
On a saturday after baseball, the team met up for lunch at Burger Fixin. I enjoyed it, and had fun messing around with my friends. We threw bean bags at each other and jokeed around pretty much the whole time.
- The patty was good, but a little too small for the bun and vegies
- The bun was toasted a little for texture
- The vegies were nice and fresh, but a little overpowering to the patty
- The fries were pretty good, but they weren't seasoned
- The Chili Cheese tots were outstanding
- My root beer was "ninja poked" several times by will
- It was a nice temperature with the sun peeking through
- They had plenty of tables for all of us
- It doesn't hurt that I was with my friends the whole time either
ssweeney's Review of Burger Fixin
Jack and the @TCA_Texas 12u Aleman boys showed up for lunch at Burger Fixin today. Solid burgers served up at this joint, but I recommend the double-meat burger to balance the large, 5-inch bun. Next time we go, I want to try Ron's barbecue, because I understand that it is also very good.
- Burger is built with a 1/3 lb patty and a 5" bun
- We order ours with mustard and "all the veggies" (i.e., lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion)
- Patty is cooked well-done on a flat top grill inside the burger shack
- Bun is nicely toasted, and veggies are cool and crisp
- Meat to bun ratio favors the bun with a single patty burger... the double meat burger has a better balance
- French fries are hot and crisp, although they are a frozen product
- Chili-Cheese tots are covered in a layer of chili (which is pretty tasty), and ballpark nacho cheese. These are pretty good, but I'd rather see some shredded
- Saw, but did not sample: barbecue beef sandwich, chicken tenders, etc. All got good reviews from those consuming them.
- Nothing fancy here, just solid favorites.
- Family run operation is not super fast in delivering the food, but very friendly:
- The folks in front of us just finished ordering a burger with no veggies and ketchup. So when Jack steps up to order his cheeseburger with mustard and all the veggies, the lady says "Now there's a young man that knows how to order a burger"... To which I reply "Yes, Ma'am."
- Ron Childers, the owner, comes out to the picnic tables to check on everyone and make sure we are happy (which we are).
- Dining is either to-go or alfresco. They do have a drive-thru window, but most folks park and wait... even for the to-go orders.
- Picnic tables setup on property. We have a wonderful afternoon for dining outside, and nearly the whole team is here.
- This is a great burger tour stop simply because the boys can run around and have fun generally goofing off and just being boys. Even the little brothers and sisters get into the mix.
- As mentioned before, there is nothing pretentious about this place. Just a solid burger for a fair price.